Baracoa, Cuba’s oldest and most isolated town
Plaza Independencia from Calle Antonio Maceo, with the Our Lady of the Assumption Co-Cathedral (Concatedral de Nuestra Señora de la Asunción) in Baracoa. The present church has its origins in the church built in 1807 during the Spanish colonisation of Cuba, was partially damaged in 1833 and was renovated almost entirely in 1886. The portico was completed in 1905. The church had deteriorated over the years but was renovated and restored in works that ended in 2012.