Gazimağusa (Famagusta), a walled city on the east coast
Inside the Lala Mustafa Paşa Camii, formerly the Cathedral of Saint Nicholas, built between 1298 and 1312 and consecrated as a Roman Catholic cathedral in 1328. It was used in coronation ceremonies of the kings of Jerusalem and Armenia. It was converted into a mosque after the Ottoman Empire captured Famagusta in 1571. In 1954 it was named after Lala Mustafa Pasha, the Grand Vizier of the Ottoman Empire who served Sultan Murat III and led Ottoman forces against the Venetians in Cyprus.