Around Andong, North Gyeongsang Province
Hwacheun Seowon, founded in 1786 by local Confucian scholars who had esteemed Ryu Un-ryong for his virtues and scholarship. They set up his mortuary tablet in the shrine and later enshrined the mortuary tablets of Kim Yun-en and Ryu Won-ji, and held worship services for their teachers of some 100 years. But most buildings, except a lecture hall and an annex were broken to pieces by the Seowon Removal Law of Daewongun, father of King Gogong. From 1966 on, Ryu Un-ryong's descendants collected a building fund and finally could rebuild Hwacheun Seowon in 1996.